Saturday, July 26, 2014

Campaign... crusade... Outreach

It is our last day on campaign today. We spent the day praying in union square as an entire group (some 30 of us). It was amazing: mid prayer we were having people interrupt us to talk to ask us who we were. It was a fantastic example of what our goal was this year an how we accomplished it in many ways. We were done shoving pamphlets in peoples faces asking them "who do you think Jesus is" we were done bannnering simply to get a reaction. We wanted to engage with people on a personal level and that's what we structured our entire ministry on. And on this last day when we simply wanted to pray we were shown, in a sense, the fruit of our labour

During our time on outreaches and doing service projects I was asked to be on 4 of the 5 different projects, each time the leader approached apologetically asking of I could. I would respond with an "of course!" And yesterday they approached me and asked me why I was so willing, to help to serve... Etc... I didn't have an answer. However now that I have had time to think about it I think about the serving attitude my family has and the example thy have set for me. It was never a "oh I'm being forced to do this so now I have a good work ethic" thing. It was more of a, "I saw Hannah Abby and mom (specifically but not excluding andrew and dad) . Commit so much time to the needs of others that just became the standard. So if like to thank you guys. I am currently laying on a couch napping but 90 % of the time I have been on my feet seeking where I can be useful. And since I can't put a finger on where in me that comes from I'll put it on you all :)
Just thought I'd share. 
P.s. Um we should all comment on each other's blogs. Just sayin
K bye

No comments:

Post a Comment