Sunday, August 3, 2014

I am just about ready to go to bed but I wanted to post something unique I heard this morning. The pastor was bringing us a message from Ephesians and told us that there were two things that Paul spent his time writing two things; first what God has done and second who we are because of all God has done...Paul in Eph. 4:1 entreated us to walk "worthy" of the calling  with which we have been called....After today's preaching I see, feel and understand my position in Christ differently ... Colossians reiterates the fact "for in Him all the fullness of deity of dwells in bodily form and in Him you (each one of us !) have been made complete....

how short sighted we often are, I am so quick to condemn myself, and I am sure I would be better off a year from now if I thought of myself in the same light I think of my grandbabies or my kids. I love each of you and them, I delight in the lives you are living, the goals you are pursuing...each one of you; Hannah (and Jeremiah) in raising children committing your life to teaching and training them in Truth. Andrew (and Jen) how I delight as I watch you making a new life, a new home, a new family. Abby (and Jeffrey) as you pursue you passions in taking your love of learning to students, giving them a vision of a greater world than they could ever imagine, and David (?) as you pursue Him, as you seek to know and do His will I pray that you would find great delight this year as you speak life into the lives of others, as you bless many with your passion to sing....All  that each one of you do brings delight to my heart and in much the same way delights Our Father in Heaven.

Blessings on your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment